Robert Platshorn is America’s longest imprisoned nonviolent marijuana offender (30 years). He is the author of The Black Tuna Diaries and the focus of the film, Square Grouper (available on Netflix). He works hard to advance the cause of medical marijuana, collecting signatures for a Florida ballot initiative sponsored by PUFMM and NORML. He has appeared at Universities, concerts, benefits, expos and in the media to promote the cause, tell his story, and sign copies of his autobiography, Black Tuna Diaries.
Robert Platshorn is also the founder of The Silver Tour. The goal of this crucial organization is to educate and inform seniors on the benefits and exciting discoveries in the medical cannabis field, encourage activism for legalization and create demand for safe access. Seniors vote and they talk to their representatives, but even in states that already have legal medical marijuana, most seniors have no idea of the scope of the research and progress that has been made in treating a host of ailments that effect seniors. Millions of seniors could benefit from the use of medical marijuana… we need to arm them with education so they can make informed decisions in the voting box!
In what can only be described as an attempt to silence Mr. Platshorn, officials have recently rescinded his permission to travel to Chicago to speak at the national meeting of The American Bar Association. They have forbidden him from travelling “without the permission of the U.S. Parole Commission in Washington D.C.”, therefor making it impossible for him to promote awareness and educate the public. Recently interviewed by Toke of the Town’s Steve Elliott, Mr. Platshorn describes this setback as a severe blow to the movement, “I can’t begin to quantify the loss to the movement, The Silver Tour, to our TV show, Should Grandma Smoke Pot? and the financial loss of much-needed book sales that buy my groceries.”
Cannabis activists everywhere are needed to reach out in effort to assist Mr. Platshorn. He recently told Toke of the Town that, “The man who is ultimately in charge of my fate in this matter and all other parole matters, is Isaac Fulwood Jr., the Commissioner of the U.S. Parole Commission in D.C. Please get the word out and take action. More than the fate of one activist is riding on this. Dozens of letters or calls will only be annoying. Hundreds of calls will get his attention and thousands of calls and letters will bring change.”
Your help is desperately needed, here’s how you can make a difference:
- Share this information!
- Follow Robert Platshorn on Twitter
- Join the Silver Tour on Facebook
- Support “Should Grandma Smoke Pot” on Kickstarter
- Purchase Some Silver Tour/Black Tuna Gear to Show Your Support
- MOST IMPORTANLY, see below for more info about how to support The Silver Tour!
- Call To Action: Stop The Feds From Silencing Robert Platshorn
- HIGHTIMES.COM > Robert Platshorn
- Getting Grandma to try pot – Video – Business News
- Joint Effort: Reefer Roadshow Asks Seniors to Support Medical Pot – WSJ.com
- Should Grandma Smoke Pot? An entertainment edumercial. by Robert Platshorn — Kickstarter
- BLACK TUNA DIARIES | ROBERT PLATSHORN <<
- Pot Will Be Legal, and Soon – Julian Brookes thinks Colorado, or some other state, will take the leap
- South Florida Seniors Comment on Pot Use, Are Hilarious – Broward/Palm Beach News – The Daily Pulp
- Cerabino: Ex-potsmuggler looking to fire up local seniors… | www.palmbeachpost.com
- The Silver Tour (Teaching Seniors the Benefits of Medical Marijuana)
- Pot Smuggler, Advocate Robert Platshorn Starts Kickstarter for Ganja Documentary